2. Keep the ball in play. Let others make the errors. If you keep putting the ball over the net inbounds, you will win the rally.
3. Get to the net quickly. If you are serving, use the third shot to get there.
4. Communicate with your partner. Talk ahead of the game about strategies. Call shots and out balls. Tell her when she makes good plays. Keep the bond between you strong.
5. Keep your eye on the ball.
6. Stay fit physically and mentally. Warm up before play. If injured, take time to rest. Keep your mind clear and don't dwell on poor performance. Be positive.
7. Don’t run backward. That is the easiest way to be injured. Instead, turn and run to get in position or shuffle sideways.
8. Anticipate outbound balls. Then let them go, and call them for your partner.
9. Use the soft game. Be patient before breaking out. The right moment will present itself if you wait.
10. Stay calm and focus. Don’t psych yourself out. Concentrate on the ball; use a mantra; find a focus and don't let your mind wander.